Teeth may need to be extracted if they are severely decayed or if infection is present. Also, teeth that are severely damaged or cannot be saved through root canal treatment may need to be removed by Dr. Kashfian, Chatsworth tooth extraction dentist. Extractions are performed when other methods of treatment are deemed to be unsuccessful in addressing the oral health issues present in a patient’s oral cavity. Dental extractions are extremely effective in eliminating infections in the oral cavity.
Prior to removing the tooth, Dr. Kashfian, expert in tooth extraction in Chatsworth, will apply a topical anesthetic, which temporarily numbs the soft tissue surrounding the tooth. Local anesthetic will then be administered to ensure that the patient is comfortable throughout the procedure.
After the tooth has been successfully removed, sutures may be placed to ensure proper healing. Gauze will be placed directly over the site of extraction and pressure should be applied to the area for approximately thirty minutes.
The recovery period after a tooth extraction typically lasts for two days. Follow the steps as advised by Dr. Kashfian, Chatsworth tooth extraction dentist, and:
• Take all prescribed medications
• Rinse your mouth with warm salt water after the initial 24 hour period to help reduce swelling and pain
• Change gauze pads routinely and when they have soaked through
• Avoid strenuous physical activity after the surgery
• Avoid the use of tobacco products
• Maintain a soft food diet following the surgery and increase the consumption of solid foods as healing progresses
• Avoid disturbing the extraction site, since this may cause irritation and may inhibit proper healing
• Maintain oral hygiene by gently brushing and flossing regularly
Tooth Extraction Chatsworth
If you are currently suffering from extensive damage to your tooth structure or you believe that you have unresolved dental infections, contact Dr. Kashfian, expert in tooth extraction in Chatsworth, to schedule an appointment for a consultation. It is important to address oral infections or extensive decay immediately to avoid serious oral health conditions.
Extracted teeth can be replaced with various dental appliances such as dental implants, porcelain bridges, or even dentures. Feel free to speak to Dr. Kashfian, Chatsworth dentist, about your tooth replacement options.